Our client, a leading manufacturer and distributor of luxury hot tubs, has an opportunity for an HR Generalist to join their HR team. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Generalist will manage a full range of HR functions including recruitment, employee relations, labour relations and performance management for the organization. You will be responsible for nurturing a dynamic corporate culture which is built on the foundation of trust, communication and family values.
As an HR Generalist, you will be responsible for:
- Recruitment - develop creative sourcing and recruitment strategies to identify a talent pipeline and proactively recruit and select talent for our manufacturing, head office and retail opportunities;
- Labour Relations – coach and counsel managers on the execution of effective management strategies that are aligned with the collective agreement, support and manage the grievance process with our unionized employees and our union partners;
- Employee Relations - act as a point of contact for employee queries on HR policies, benefits, career development and employee fair treatment;
- Employee Engagement – developing employee engagement programs, coordinating training, workforce planning;
- Performance management – coaching and supporting managers on effective employee strategies and issue resolution. working with the Senior HR Leader to develop a performance appraisal system, facilitating annual appraisals;
- Acting as an advisor – researching and providing information on HR best practices, new legislation and the evolving landscape of People and Culture issues;
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies and programs;
- A Brand Ambassador – actively promoting the company and its employment brand with internal and customers and events;
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
To be successful you will need:
- You are passionate about people and understand the value they play in an organization
- You are an exceptionally gifted communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- You are a change agent and work in partnership with the supervisors and managers of the organization on the implementation and execution of effective People programs and initiatives
- You have a proven ability to build strong and collaborative relationships across all levels and functions.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience developing your skills as an HR generalist, with expertise in recruitment, labour relations and performance management;
- You’re equal parts efficient and organized, and work well in a fast-paced work environment
- You have strong computer skills and a super user with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Previous experience working with ADP a definite asset
- CHRP designation and degree in Human Resources preferred
Join this team and enjoy::
- Part of a dynamic People team, creating something truly spectacular
- Competitive compensation & comprehensive benefits package
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Working proudly for a Canadian employer
- Employee Hot Tub Discount Purchase Program
Interviews are taking place immediately, so please apply right away with your resume!
We thank you for your interest.