Our client a top 100 employer that was established over 40 years ago in the Mining industry, is recruiting a yard operator in the Edmonton area.
What we're looking for:
- Preparing orders
- Operating a wheel loader
- Loading/unloading trucks
- Loading/unloading rail cars
- processing rail cars
- Prepare and load dealer trucks picking up material in yard;
- Unload transports and place inventory in correct areas of the yard;
- Operate a forklift in yard efficiently, outdoor forklift driving experience is necessary;
- Proceed to inventory and material count when requested;
- Keep yard clean and organized;
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under tight time deadlines
- Proven troubleshooting skills and decision making ability
This is a physically demanding position as you will be asked to work outdoors, in hot or cold conditions. This company is top in safety and you will have to wear eye, hearing and respiratory protective gear while on shift. You will have experience working with and around processing equipment,spotting and securing rail cars.Using rail car movers.Must be very safety aware. You will be asked to collaborate with other department heads (logistics, orders, dispatch, etc.). You will be required to work with the mindset that customer satisfaction is always a priority.
- Valid forklift/ wheel loader certification;
- Experience with a forklift/wheel loader in an outdoor yard environment;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Capacity to lift weight of 40 to 50 lbs;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised;
- Experience in yard inventory is an asset;
- Computer literate;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Must have wheel loader experience
Join the team and benefit from:
- Competitive wage
- Weekly pay checks
- Busy environment
- Vacation Pay
- Paid sick days
- Full life insurance, medical and dental packages
- Flexible hours
We, at TPD, thank you for your application. Please apply in confidence with your resume.
As safety is a top priority for our client, this position does require pre-access Drug & Alcohol Screening.
Interviews are happening within the next week, cover letters are not required.