Seeking now: Assistant Property Manager for a range of ultra-cool, unique urban spaces in Downtown Vancouver (with a few on the North Shore). Think revitalized residential buildings with exposed brick and wooden beams, or sleek commercial spaces for the quirkiest and coolest businesses out there.
What the role entails
You will be working out of a chic Gastown office daily, in an open setting, working with a team that is supportive, friendly and positive. You will be assisting the Senior Property Manager with managing some of the coolest micro-living spaces and revitalized urban properties downtown and on the North Shore.
The portfolio consists of more than 35 properties including a mix of residential and commercial spaces. The role has some out of office duties, so you will need to have a vehicle in order to pop in and out of any of their properties throughout the day. If you like a fast-paced, diverse, and energetic role and you are serious about a career in Property Management then we definitely want to hear from you.
Some key things you will be responsible for:
- Handle resident's inquiries and provide prompt resolutions of resident issues
- Regular inspection of properties to establish if repairs or maintenance are required
- Supervision of on-site maintenance staff, trades and cleaners
- Seek quotes and place purchase orders for building and maintenance supplies and equipment
- Assist in the preparation of annual maintenance budget, carry out regular review and cost control
What you bring to the table
- Previous experience in the Property Management field. We don't need you to be seasoned, but you need to understand the basics of property management and tenancy act.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle
- You are a self-starter and do not need to wait to be told what to do. This is a role where you work in a team, and alone on the road sometimes. You have to be able to self-manage yourself and your time efficiently.
- You have to have the ability to communicate clearly, and confidently including in person, over the phone and via e-mail. This is important because you will be dealing with a wide variety of tenants and clients and communication is very important to your success.
What you get in return
- A great starting compensation ranging between $38,000 - $42,000 based on your property management experience (there will be a review after 3 months as well as annual bonuses)
- Comprehensive benefits and vacation that kick in after your probation
- Career advancement: a chance to grow and develop a professional career in Property Management. This role if for someone eager to learn and wanting to commit themselves to a career. Our client will provide the mentorship, you need to provide the enthusiasm.
Interviews are taking place right away and cover letters are not required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume.