We're looking for organized, self-starters with great attention to detail to join one of the leading organizations in the semi-conductor manufacturing industry. The Purchasing Manager position is integral to the successful execution of the company's daily goals and long-term mission.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company's needs for materials and services. The position is further responsible for the timely planning, scheduling and receipt of materials and services as required to support sales and production needs.
- Implement vendor report card process
- Evaluate vendors based on price, quality, and timely delivery
- Develop procurement plans and schedules to support customer demand and timelines
- Place and process purchase orders
- Interact with suppliers on a day to day basis
- Review deliveries against the orders
- Track the status of all orders
- Expedite and follow up on POs to ensure accurate and timely delivery
- Reconcile short shipments, over shipments and damaged goods with vendors
- Ensure all invoices and discrepancies in deliveries are sent to accounting for payment
- Produce and maintain all reports
- Review inventories and research past orders to ensure we maintain proper order lead times and never stock out of inventory
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Proactively communicate and interact with sales, operations, accounting and warehouse
- Keep well informed on all customers’ activities, anticipating difficulties or dissatisfaction and taking pro-active steps to remedy the situation
- Meet and exceed procurement & profitability goals
- Document all vendor contact and activities in Global Shop ERP system
Skills Integral to the Job:
- Financial management
- Organizational skills
- Communication proficiency
- Technical capacity
- Ethical conduct
- Project management
- Time management
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) with a track record of purchasing success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with Global Shop ERP system or similar
Interviews are taking place right away. To apply, kindly submit your resume (cover letter not required). We encourage you to follow up on the status of your application by calling TPD at 503.626.0311.
TPD will not share your information with anyone outside of our firm without your approval as privacy and confidentiality is one of TPD's core values.