Our client, a leader in the manufacturing and distribution industry, has an opportunity for an energetic Intermediate Accountant to join their growing team in Delta.
This position will be responsible for providing labour related analyses and recommendations that will drive improvements. As well, this individual will provide accounting and payroll support. An ideal Intermediate Accountant will be analytical, self-motivated, driven, and committed.
As the Intermediate Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Prepare monthly/quarterly commissions for sales reps and management; analyze data/payments for possible improvements to existing commission structures
- Prepare monthly service report to better understand branch service margins, and provide recommendations to management
- Collaborate with Payroll Coordinator in the preparation of monthly labour report; analyze labour cost results and collaborate with managers to identify issues and provide recommendations that will help increase labour efficiency
- Perform payroll analysis and chargeout rates on a timely basis
- Monitor labour and payroll systems and methods, recommending and implementing necessary changes to improve efficiency of the payroll function
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements, quarterly reporting to parent company, audits and month-end analysis
- Partner with Payroll Coordinator in the processing of semi-monthly payroll which involves receiving, compiling and submitting payroll hours into ADP Payroll system for approximately 300 salaried and hourly employees (union & non-union locations across multiple provinces in Canada)
- Reconcile WCB quarterly/annually for all related jurisdictions, and complete other accounts reconciliations as required
To be successful you will need:
- Completed or working towards CPA designation (Chartered Professional Accountant) an asset
- Previous hands-on payroll processing experience, ideally within a fast-paced, multi-regional environment
- Experience working with collective agreements within a unionized environment an asset (not required)
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills
Join this team and enjoy:
- Competitive salary ($55,000 - $65,000)
- Extended health benefits
- RRSP matching
- Supportive managers
- Opportunity to take on a new challenge
Apply today. Cover letters are not required and interviews are taking place right away.