Do you consider yourself a Warehouse Specialist and are looking to expand your skills with a possible temp-to-perm opportunity?
The company located in North Delta, is one of Canada's largest providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management.
The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for supervising the shipping/receiving functions of all outgoing/incoming products from the warehouse. Leads and controls activities of company warehouse personnel. Front line supervision is an extremely important function for the company, positive interaction with the employees is critical as this ensures getting work out on time, efficiently, and accurately.
Hours: Standard business hours, although flexibility is expected
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 a year (Based on experience), includes weekly pay, full benefits, vacation, and sick leave after a probationary period
- Ensures shipping, receiving, storage, and distribution is performed in an efficient manner
- Conducts warehouse operations in accordance with established procedures and policies and keeps management informed of warehouse activities
- Provides new hire and follow-up training for all employees
- Performs job evaluations and communicates results to employees
- Evaluates work performance of personnel regarding promotions, absenteeism, commendations and disciplinary action
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and regulations regarding fire and other potential emergencies
Your background includes:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in business or related field
- Experience in freight-forwarding or logistics
- Understanding of performance metrics
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing environment of at least 20 employees
- Experience in managing a balanced workflow delivering execution excellence
- Solid understanding of Lean or Kaizen principles is an asset
- Excellent employee motivation, leadership, and management skills
- Computer literate with ability to use all related hardware and software
- Experience with Manhattan an asset (please indicate on resume)
- Adept problem solving skills
Apply with your resume to be considered as a Warehouse Specialist today.