TPD has partnered with Securiguard, an industry leading security solutions company based in Vancouver BC, in search for accountable and eager Airside Operations Managers to join our team! Working with internal and external stakeholders, the Airside Operations Manager assists in directing airside activities for this critical division of Securiguard’s Aviation Operations as part of the YVRAA Airside Safety Escort Services contract.
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment.
WHY WORK WITH US?:
We work with Respect - We know what it takes to make people feel safe. We foster a respectful and inviting environment for all of our team members that encourages collaboration.
We are Accountable - We own our mistakes. We fall, and we get right back up. We ensure no one gets left behind and we work together to ensure we are accountable to ourselves, our teams, and our clients.
We are Honest - We are truthful in character and behavior. We do more than talk the talk, we walk the walk every day. We are open and transparent and honestly love what we do.
YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Representative at Securiguard sites responsible for the coordination of teams of Airside Safety Escorts to ensure overall Safety and Security policies, procedures and protocol are adhered too
- Provide leadership, direction and support in real time, to the Airside Safety Escorts in their day-to-day duties
- Acts as health and safety champion. Ensuring that the program maintains its COR certification requirements
- Coordinate with the Airside Safety Escort Operations Coordinator to ensure that sufficient levels of trained and certified escorts are available to fulfill the airside operational requirements at any given
- Liaise with Airport Authority’s operations and engineering staff, as well as the various contract service providers, to ensure that airside projects satisfy all operational safety and security requirements.
- At the direction of the Manager provide safety briefings to unionized staff.
- Provide guidance on aviation safety and security matters ensuring compliance with regulation, legislation and company specific policies
- Responsible for conducting site reviews as directed by the Manager, developing audit/review reports, reviewing findings, and making recommendations to the management.
- Responsible for training new employees and recurrent training for existing employee in various operational changes as they become available
- Manage issuance of all equipment and uniforms for the department. Including a fleet of up to 100 vehicles.
- Ensure resources and equipment is appropriately and efficiently allocated. Overseeing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as determined by the Manager.
- Ensure staffs maintain mandatory and regulated training and certifications in accordance with legislation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Represent the company on various committees including, but not limited to Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee, Ramp Operators Committee, Senior Leadership Team.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 2-5 years of experience in an Operations Management role
- Experience in the airport, aviation, transportation or airline industry is HIGHLY preferable
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
- Clean drivers abstract
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to conduct forensic investigations that may result may be submitted as evidence in law enforcement investigations.
- Ability to effectively mediate and intervene in workplace, client and staff issues Adept at coaching employees in a collective bargaining unit
- Ability to keep calm and deliver under pressure
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent company culture
If the above sounds like a position that you can't pass up, we want to hear from you. Interviews are taking place ASAP and we are ready to find our next rockstar today!