TPD has partnered with Securiguard, an industry leading security solutions company based in Vancouver BC, in search for accountable and eager Operations Coordinator/ Scheduler to join our team! You will coordinate and execute day to day security deployment operations by providing coaching and mentorship to security officers in the portfolio to ensure that the client receives an excellent security service.
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We work with Respect - We know what it takes to make people feel safe. We foster a respectful and inviting environment for all of our team members that encourages collaboration.
We are Accountable - We own our mistakes. We fall, and we get right back up. We ensure no one gets left behind and we work together to ensure we are accountable to ourselves, our teams, and our clients.
We are Honest - We are truthful in character and behavior. We do more than talk the talk, we walk the walk every day. We are open and transparent and honestly love what we do.
YOU WILL BE DOING
Internal Operations – Deployment
- Manages own portfolio of security officers, a minimum of one month ahead and ensuring no open shifts for 2 weeks ahead
- Deploys current staff to alternate sites when required
- Ensure zero shifts are left open at end of day for next 24 hours. Goal to have all shifts filled in 72-hour window.
Internal Operations – Office
- Review accuracy of schedule, pay rates & bill rates to ensure all officers are listed for their assigned shifts for the week prior
- Ensure data in Winteam is accurate: pay rates, on/off times, weekly payroll lock-down, primary job change, compliance codes.
- Investigating financial queries for client invoicing and billing; employee pay inquiries.
External Operations – Client and Guard Relations
- Return client or new customer calls for request for service when required.
- Responsible for coordinating new site startups with the assigned Operations Manager.
- Provide on-site coaching and mentoring to the guards based on the Securiguard core values with the intent to set them up for success.
- Focus on retention and proper issuance of equipment and provide innovative solutions to improve the work conditions of our guards.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Possess a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License, have an acceptable ICBC and Driver’s Abstract
- BST (Basic Security Training)
- 2 Years of experience as a Supervisor or a Lead in an operational setting combined with or in addition to working in the security industry or law enforcement preferred.
- Demonstrated attributes in leadership, judgment, decision making, delegation, planning, organizing, problem solving, analytical skill, interpersonal sensitivity and tolerance.
- Experience in an operational setting involving management and supervision of a large number of staff members
- Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent company culture