At Element Lifestyle Retirement, we are redefining retirement and aging. Our vision is to develop and manage vibrant, inclusive communities for people of all ages to live in. We provide purpose-built communities that integrate age-adaptive accommodations, amenities, activities, and hospitality, recreational, wellness and care services that support and enrich the lives of all our residents.
Our Values and Philosophy guide our business and are represented by the word IMPACT: Integrity in our actions, Mentorship of our people, Passion for our industry, Accountability to our customers, Creativity in our approach, and Teamwork that focuses on collaboration.
As you do your job, focus not only on what you need to accomplish but think about how you will live these values in your day to day work. What kind of IMPACT will you have as our General Manager?
Opening for residency in early 2019, OPAL will be a boutique community of retirement suites on Vancouver’s west side, offering refined amenities and service that are designed with the highest standards in mind. This home will be a gathering place for family, friends and community.
As the General Manager, you are the “CEO” of your business unit. In the day-to-day operations of the community, you will ensure that your staff delivers the highest quality of care, resident service and satisfaction. You possess an “everyone sells” approach to running your business.
You are also a key culture leader and are committed to leading in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the company and, fostering a culture that we can all be proud of.
- Oversee all aspects of the operations to ensure that the services and properties consistently meet the expectations of a healthy, peaceful and successful community.
- Shape a positive culture by leading day-to-day activities in alignment with the values of Integrity, Mentoring, Passion, Accountability, Creativity and Teamwork.
- Forecast, manage and track budgets across all site facilities and amenities.
- Design succession plans that encourage motivation, retention and development of staff.
- Engage in positive relationships with the residents, family members, staff and other community stakeholders.
- Spearhead the sales and marketing process to meet occupancy and revenue targets.
- Facilitate meetings with department heads to forecast budgetary and/or other requirements for corporate approval.
- Ensure that all residences are in compliance with all regulatory & OPAL quality assurance standards.
- Ensure that all policies, programs and practices in each department are carried out consistently and effectively.
- Determine staffing requirements and ensure that the recruitment and selection criteria meet the needs of the business.
- Implement developmental opportunities with an emphasis on performance “checkins”, regular feedback, mentorship and opportunities for career advancement
- University or College Degree/Diploma in Health Care Administration or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of senior management experience in a hospitality field or retirement community
- Experience within a high volume and quality service establishment in food service and/or hospitality
Skills and Behaviors:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Fluency in Cantonese is considered an asset
- Start-up, or large project experience is an asset
- Strong leadership skills - Able to direct, supervise and mentor staff
- Strong operations management skills - Able to develop, organize and direct the operations of the facility
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Effective coaching skills - Able to recognize growth potential in others and coach them to take their performance to the next level
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada
Please contact TPD for more information.