TPD's client, a well-known nonprofit organization, is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to join their team in Burnaby.
This is a fantastic, full-time, temp to hire opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant to work directly with the CEO and the client's Board of Directors.
For the right candidate, this could also be a permanent position right from the get to.
Responsibilities as the EA to CEO and Secretary to Board, will include:
- Working with matters, procedures and processes related to the governance function and responsibilities for a nonprofit organization.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that the records of the organization are maintained,updated and safeguarded as required by law and made available when required byauthorized persons.
- Ensure that proper notification is given of directors' meetings as specified in the
- bylaws, managing the general correspondence of the Board of Directors (BOD) except for such correspondence assigned to others;
- Record the minutes of all Board meetings as well as the minutes of any committees to which the Secretary is assigned, recording decisions, providing background on those decisions and ensuring that those not in attendance will be able to capture the meeting’s full content;
- Ensure that the Board’s Governance Manual is updated and available to members at all times;
- Liaise with all Vice Presidents and provide confidential administrative support as required.
- Coordinate with staff to ensure CEO availability, attendance and briefings (as required) for internal and external meetings, appointments and events;
- Plan, organize, schedule, and arrange for flights, required visas, accommodation, transportation, and required insurance for domestic and international for members of the SMT or Board as required;
- Monitor, process and verify all expense and travel claims for the Office of the President and Board of Directors, ensuring complete adherence to the approved expense and travel policy and related directives;
What's in it for you?
- Excellent compensation, $25-30/hr based on relevant experience
- Full-time, temp to hire position with a fantastic organization
- Opportunity to work with a well-known NGO!
- Great central location: Burnaby, transit accessible
- Benefits upon being offered a permanent position
What do you bring to the table?
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting Senior Executives & Board of Directors
- Background in public relations, communications or business administration would be an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A superior level of attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion when dealing with confidential issues
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
If you have prior experience in this capacity with a NGO or nonprofit governance, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you!
We are currently shortlisting candidates for this role, and would love to hear from you.