BC Place hosts the province’s biggest and brightest events. Home to the BC Lions Football Club, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, BC Sports Hall of Fame, the largest trade and consumer shows in Western Canada, world class concerts and incredible community events; a unique and exciting place to work! We are a division of PavCo, a Crown Corporation with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia.
We are looking for a dedicated, team-oriented member who thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and who is committed to providing exceptional customer service to our clients and guests.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will work with the Event and Maintenance team providing technical support services and some preventative maintenance and repair of a variety of complex stadium systems.
- Various HVAC and refrigeration support for stadium events.
- Analyze and resolve technical concerns and perform maintenance duties as required.
- Provide service excellence to internal and external clients.
- Carry out duties efficiently in scheduled time frames.
- Follow all safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment. Adhere to the stadium health and safety regulations, including Health and Safety regulations and company policies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must have Inter-Provincial or BC trade qualification as HVAC/Refrigeration Mechanic.
- Varied experience in building maintenance, electrical systems, mechanical repairs, troubleshooting; steamsystems; Delta Orcaview 3.3 building automation system.
- Solid understanding of operating and maintenance manual procedures, BC Building Code, Safety Standards Act, ASHRAE, and other related regulations.
- Proven familiarity with tools of the trade and safe working practices.
- WHMIS certificate an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able and willing to work varied shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills including ability to carry out duties from work orders.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with co-workers,supervisors, and others working at BC Place.
- Proven self-starter with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Be able to handle assigned tasks and stressful situations including exposure to seasonal heat and cold in an outdoor and indoor environment, long periods of standing, ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs, ability to work at heights.
- Gas ticket an asset.
- Fall protection, scissor lift, forklift training/certification an asset.
- 4th class power engineering an asset.
PavCo is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from qualified women and men including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.