TPD's client, one of the world's leading laboratories, is looking for a Stores & Receiving Assistant to join their Logistics group based near UBC/Endowment Lands.
The client has two of these roles open. One in a permanent capacity, and the other that would start immediately on a full-time temporary basis for 6 months. The temporary position will eventually turn into a 2-3 days/week role, once the permanent Shipper/Receiver is filled.
The Logistics group is responsible for the site’s shipping, receiving, import/export, central stores, vehicle rentals, and contractor site access. This is a 6 month contract starting immediately and is great opportunity for someone starting out their career and looking for practical experience.
As a Shipping and Receiving Assistant your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the stores, shipping and receiving areas with tasks such as: convenience packaging of small parts, putting away stock, serving customers and unloading trucks which may involve the use of a forklift.
- Operating a light duty delivery truck in and around the lower mainland.
- Using the ERP computer system for the Inventory Control System and for Receiving
- Performing data entry and covering for other personnel in the group as required
Who you are:
- Posses a Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s license and the ability to safely drive in a panel van in city traffic
- Physically capable of lifting and moving items up to 50lbs
- Good oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills with quick and accurate data entry and typing skills
- High school graduate with 1-2 years of practical experience or basic relevant training
What's in it for you:
- Competitive hourly rate, $20-$22 per hour!
- Longer term contract, 6 months
- Forklift certification (if not already held)
Interviews are taking place this week so apply today!